What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium (PP) is additional funding for pupils who are or have been eligible for Free School Meals in the last six years, Looked After Children or Children Adopted from Care. Evidence shows that, pupils that are entitled to Pupil Premium generally face additional challenges in reaching their full potential at school and often do not perform as well as other pupils. At Crook Log Primary School, we strive to ensure that all pupils achieve their potential. We do this by having:
- High expectations for all children
- A Curriculum which meets the needs of all our pupils
- Quality First Teaching
- Effective deployment of staff
- Analyse data to plug any gaps in pupils’ learning
- Supporting good attendance and behaviour
Which Pupils qualify for Free School Meals?
Your child may be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based job seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run on Universal Credit
What are the benefits from claiming Free School Meals?
School meals are a good way to ensure that your child eats well at lunchtime, and they can also save you time and money. Claiming Free School Meals helps the school. We get extra funding, known as ‘Pupil Premium’, for every eligible pupil who is registered.
Please contact the school office for any additional information.